What is a dual glass PV module? As the name suggests, it refers to a composite layer consisting of two pieces of glass and a solar cell, and the photovoltaic cells are formed by a string of wires and a parallel connection to the lead ends. In recent years, double-glass PV modules have been hot like rockets. Why are they so popular? Next, let me introduce you to the advantages of dual-glass PV modules.
1. The normal component warranty is 25 years and the dual glass PV module is 30 years.
2, Double-glass PV modules have a higher life cycle, which is 21% higher than ordinary components.
3, the wear resistance of the glass is very good ,which solve the problem of wind-resistant sand in the field.The wear resistance of the double glass components is obvious in the place where the wind is strong.
4. The insulation of the glass is better than that of the backboard, which enables the double-glass component to meet higher system voltages, thereby saving the system cost of the entire power station.
5. The attenuation of the conventional components is about 0.7% while the double glass component is 0.5%.
6. The fire rating of the double-glass component is upgraded from the C-class of the ordinary crystalline silicon component to the A-class, making it more suitable for use in residential areas, chemical plants and other areas where fire hazards are needed to be avoided.
7. The water permeability of the glass is almost zero, and there is no need to consider the problem that water vapor enters the module to induce hydrolysis of the EVA film. The back plate of the traditional crystalline silicon solar module has a certain water permeability. The water vapor passing through the back plate makes the inferior EVA resin quickly resolve the acetic acid, which causes electrochemical corrosion inside the component, and the probability of occurrence of pid attenuation and snail streak is increased. It is especially suitable for photovoltaic power plants in the seaside, waterside and high humidity areas.
8. Glass is an inorganic silica, which is the same kind of sand as the ubiquitous sand. It has more weather resistance and corrosion resistance than any known plastic. Ultraviolet rays, oxygen and moisture cause the backsheet to gradually degrade, and the surface is pulverized and broken. The use of glass solves the weathering problem of the assembly once and for all, and it also ends up the more weather-resistant dispute between PVF and PVDF, not to mention the weather-resistant, poorly water-resistant PET backsheet, coated backsheet and other low-end backsheets. This feature makes the double-glass assembly suitable for photovoltaic power plants in areas with more acid rain or salt spray.
9. Double glass components do not require an aluminum frame unless there is a large amount of dew on the glass surface. The absence of an aluminum frame makes it impossible to establish an electric field that causes the PID to occur, which greatly reduces the possibility of PID attenuation.